4/28/19


Its the second last day of my easter break and I am feeling as glum as dodo in this picture.. time does fly when you are having fun (read: drinking bubble tea every other day, going on foodventures and movie marathons). I have always felt that the transitioning period is the worst. The sense of inevitability that holidays are ending and the prospect of going back to waking up super early to study and going home late tired everyday, saying goodbye to lazy days and random dates. But once holiday is really over, a new routine sets in and you just fall into a new equilibrium and soon enough you get used to it. I felt the same thing years ago when I was incredibly homesick and would cry during the end of holidays because it meant going back to Singapore. I can still remember the huge pit in my stomach as I am packing up my suitcase, going to the airport, and boarding the plane. The feeling usually dissipates once I set my foot on my Singapore hostel. Its almost like there is an uncrossable line between my life, with different routines and lifestyle. 


Anyways, went for Portuguese egg tart hunting today because it has been on our mind for a long time now


Our journey took us to Petersham in Sydney, where apparently there are a lot of Portuguese residents around
Dodo googled for the best tarts in Sydney and it lead us to a cozy cafe 



The place has such an authentic vibe I cant put a finger on



Also been trying to make myself more educated and socially aware and I have just been angry all the time, for the racism, self righteousness, gender inequality and abuse of power going on around me that I have only recently noticed. I almost wish I am still blissfully ignorant just so I dont have to deal with such hatred for certain people.


Love

A friend once told me to always look for the silver lining, no matter how bleak the situation presents itself. I have since applied ...