4/2/17

Guarana



When a pilot cannot see the horizon because of low visibility, he or she doesn’t assume that the horizon has disappeared…faith is not just knowing that love is always there: faith is also knowing that that which is not love is not really there.” -Marianne Williamson, The Law of Divine Compensation

 A really good friend of mine recently told me, if I am unsure of what I am supposed to do in life, just follow my passion because it will lead me to my purpose. Its strange how even simple talks like these made a whole load of difference in my mood. Sometimes, just having someone being there for you can shift your whole perspectives on everything.

I cant stress this enough; do what you love.


Amazing things happen when you start being honest with yourself. Make your primary focus doing whatever you like, and the rest will fall in place. Follow your intuition, follow your heart, because they are almost always right.
These past few weeks I havent been too kind to myself. I guess university pressure grows and I lost sight of my priorities. I forced myself to have allnighters to study chapters I dont even understand (btw forcing myself to study doesnt work), I got grades below my expectations which made me even more frustrated with myself, lost the appetite to eat, ate crap diets, dont know what to do with my life lol. I guess I just felt like days have become so unfulfiling and monotonous for me. Why am I forcing myself to learn chapters I dont even want to understand all day, go back to bed, and repeats the cycle again.
But yesterday morning I went shopping for scrapbooking materials, looked through leftover Japan footages and experienced this feeling of giddiness I havent felt in a longgg time. I picked up my textbooks and started taking in information just for the sake of learning, and I cant even describe how liberating that felt. I talk to my friends more often, I started incorporating a healthier diet back into my routine and I just signed up a weekly yoga class again for the first time this year. This weekend I made plans to go photo hunting and try out foods Ive never tried before (maybe I will even blog about it lol). I like to think that Im back on track with my mental health, even though this week is going to be even crazier than the last. I have to remind myself to make time for the things I love. I am not a robot. And my self worth is not going to be determined by numbers; be it grades, WAM, IQ

The thing is, it is so much easier to play the victim. Its easier to say life sucks and why do bad things happen to you all the time, or why you have the worst luck ever. But at the end of the day (or two and a half week in my case hahaha) you have to learn to pick yourself up and give yourself a mental wakeup call. Because you have to be there for yourself, prioritise yourself and know what you deserve. The world doesn't owe you anything. And it isnt a wish granting factory after all ahahaha

Love

A friend once told me to always look for the silver lining, no matter how bleak the situation presents itself. I have since applied ...