2/19/20

Love




A friend once told me to always look for the silver lining, no matter how bleak the situation presents itself.

I have since applied that advice in all the challenges life throws at me. Difficult clients? At least I get to learn how to handle people for future uses. Betrayals? I learnt to filter out toxic people out of my life and learnt not to be so naive and trusting anymore. Woke up to a bad day and not feeling like doing anything? Then I have time for my self care routines ( be it reading, doing my nails, taking an extra long shower). The concept of 'catching the silver lining' has been ingrained so deep into my mindset that it has become so effortless to me now, like second nature.

But what about the times when you felt so hollow your heart felt as heavy as the ocean, the times when your heart aches so bad your head hurts, and you don't even know you are crying until you checked yourself in the mirror. The times you don't have an explanation and description for the cold feeling in your chest. When you are experiencing a heartbreak, it felt like something is being taken away from you. Where is the silver lining in that?

Back then I did not know the answer but right at this moment I know being heartbroken has taught me that if I could face that and survive, then I could pick myself back up anytime when I am ready. I guess this is one of the qualities that I am most proud of, that although I get hurt easily, I could recover and pick myself back up just as easily, and emerge even stronger than before. It is strange how we have to experience heartbreaks just to love and understand our worth better, and to realise just what we deserve. At least personally, that has always been the case. Being heartbroken also taught me to be self reliant, it is a smack in the face realisation that I am my own person and I don't need anyone else.

Heartbreaks puts an iron clad in your heart and at times I felt like there is no way I could be as vulnerable as before again. I have always been afraid of being vulnerable, for as loong as I can remember . I got lucky now and so grateful to be at a place where I can say I have found my person. But, there was a time looong ago I told my best friend how in the future I just want a partner who respects me, we dont even have to be in love with each other. I just need respect. But here is what I have learnt ; we think we are protecting ourselves by not giving people our hearts and emotions, but what we are missing instead are new lessons, challenges, priceless memories, and so much more.. It also lets you see who is worthy of our trust, and who is not.

After all, even in the case if you ever get your heart broken, you can just look for the silver lining

Love

A friend once told me to always look for the silver lining, no matter how bleak the situation presents itself. I have since applied ...