10/10/24

on friendships .

 


I had the most random thought today. 

How lucky I am to have people that are always "one phone call away",  no matter the distance, timezone, and situation. While I am so lucky and privileged to grow up with a loving and supportive family and partner.
I am specifically referring to friends in this post- people who are not bound by blood, but nonetheless feels like family.

Friendships in your late 20s are weird, because we are all dealing with different life paths. When we no longer share the same routine and stage of life, it gets harder to relate to each other. And its too easy to outgrow connections if both does not put in equal effort to keep in touch, even if we live in the same city but especially if we are in different timezones. 

So let this be an appreciation post to my inner circle, the people who keeps me rooted on my core values, who keeps me laughing when times are hard, people who have continuously proved that unconditional love exist even on a friendship level. 

Life can sometimes be challenging, but it helps to know there are people backing you up and wanting to see you thrive. Thank you for always picking up my phone, for always offering a listening ear when things get too overwhelming and I needed a good cry. For the countless reminder that I am never alone, because in a world full of changes, the friends I have now is one of the constants in my life. But most of all, thank you for calling me out whenever I am wrong, for not judging my life mistakes and my outlook on things, for helping me turn from weak and naive to hopefully someone wayyy smarter and stronger. For making me laugh when I feel like crying (and also crying when I cry HAHA), for being my emotional cheerleader, for just providing a safe space to vent.. the list goes on.
They say to be loved is to be seen, and what a blessing it is, to be able to be unapologetically myself without burden . 

like I said, genuine connections are so rare, and so hard to earn.. I have always believed in quality over quantity. 
I guess I got lucky like that .

Nightingale

“If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are.” Th...